- Baked Wild Salmon with Peach Salsa
- Cajun Buffalo Burgers with Caramelized Onions
- Curried Chicken Salad
- Superbly Nourishing Sardine hor d’ Oeuvres
- Turkey Meatballs
Herbed Apricot Glazed Chicken
Write a review
- Organic chicken breasts on the bone (Murray's is the best)
- 1 spanish onion, sliced thin
- salt/pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons of good virgin olive oil for saute
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1/4 cup apricot or orange jam
- 1/4 cup stone ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon of sage, oregano and thyme (fresh or dried)
- 3/4 cup brown rice
- fresh mint or parsley for garnish
- Put up the brown rice; rinse in cold water and add to boiling water (1 ½ cups) lower to simmer and cook for about 40 mins. or until all water is absorbed.
- Cook chicken breast for 40 mins. at 350 degrees and let cool for approx 10 mins then slice in long pieces.
- Saute onion in olive oil until golden, add spices stir 2 mins.
- In separate bowl: mix the oil, water, mustard and jam well.
- Add to saute mixture and cook 5-8 mins more.
- Add chicken pieces and blend with mixture.
- Stir over the rice and a bed of colorful veggies
- Garnish with mint or parsley
- Try not to open the rice pot lid until finished to break the steam tunnel, the rice comes out perfect when you don't touch the lid. Also never salt the rice until it's finished. You can use other spices such as tarragon or rosemary if they are available to you, and always use fresh if possible.
The Health Conscious Chef http://thehealthchef.com/